Monday, April 13, 2009

Cade revisted...

I redid my oldest drawing of Cade today, as something to do between long sessions of staring at my homework. The original was drawn in 2004, and looking back at it is bizarre now! You can see the old version at the bottom of this post.

Nevertheless, I'm happy with how the new version came out. For those wondering if Cade's features have changed since the last drawings of her you saw: no, they haven't. She's just got her chin tipped down toward her throat in this drawing, which gives a narrowed perspective to the face and reduces her otherwise squared looking jawline. It also serves to show off how pronounced her cheekbones are, I think. Mostly, I'm happy with how startling her eyes appear. I doubt they stand out that much usually, but for this image it was suitable to do so, I thought.

She's really not as creepy as she looks here. I just liked the way the composition was turning out, so I kept with it...

But for crying out loud her tattoos are always so HARD!

The old version...

No comments: